Webber Natural Swimming Pool
As the first chemical-free, all natural public swimming pool in the United States, the Webber Natural Swimming Pool is a self-contained swimming vessel that uses plants and natural microbes from a nearby regeneration pond to clarify and purify the water instead of chemicals for sterilization or disinfection.
Webber Swimming Pool consists of:
- 16,800 square foot Swimming Area and Lap Pool.
- 4,500 square foot Wading Pool.
- 2,950 square foot multi-purpose, temperature controlled “Bathhouse” with common spaces, restrooms, sand beach play areas, grassy lounge areas and outdoor pool-side showers.
- Winter warming house spaces for Ice-Skating/Hockey pond for winter activities.
- 16,250 square foot Regeneration Basin for natural filtration with plants and microbes providing biological cleaning of the water. There are over 7,600 plants and 36 different species of plants within the regeneration basin.
- 74-Stall parking lot expansion/reconstruction.
- 2,650 lineal feet of new walking/biking paths.
- Other amenities including: relocation/reuse of historic park benches, bike racks, rain gardens, site lighting, site fencing, accommodation for food trucks and much more.
Landform is working in association with Bionova Natural Swimming Pools and the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board.
To read more about Webber Natural Swimming Pool in the news, click here.
Completion Date: Summer 2015