Landform led the design efforts, including civil engineering, landscape architectural design, and construction administration services. Landform coordinated with an architect and an overseas natural swimming pool consultant on portions of the design and implementation.
As the first chemical-free, all-natural public swimming pool in the United States, the Webber Natural Swimming Pool is a self-contained swimming facility that uses plants and natural microbes from a nearby regeneration pond to clarify and purify the water instead of chemicals for sterilization or disinfection.
Webber Swimming Pool was part of the phase I master plan improvements that included:
- 16,800 square foot Swimming Area and Lap Pool.
- 4,500 square foot Wading Pool.
- 16,250 square foot Regeneration Basin for natural filtration with plants and microbes providing biological cleaning of the water. There are over 7,600 plants and 36 different species of plants within the regeneration basin.
- 2,950 square foot multi-purpose, temperature-controlled “Bathhouse” with common spaces, restrooms, sand beach play areas, grassy lounge areas, and outdoor pool-side showers.
- Winter warming house spaces for Ice-Skating/Hockey pond for winter activities.
- 74-Stall parking lot expansion/reconstruction.
- New walking/biking paths.
- Other amenities including relocation/reuse of historic park benches, bike racks, rain gardens, site lighting, site fencing, accommodation for food trucks, and more.